Thursday, March 17, 2011

Childhood Memory

In 5th grade I remember watching the NBA All-Star game when Dwight Howard and Nate Robinson did the Slam Dunk Contest together.  Now my whole family watches the Dunk contest every year and my mom always complains that it isn't fun anymore without watching Dwight Howard or Nate Robison. I think I remember this because it was pretty cool to watch a 5'9" Point Guard jump over a 6'11" Center and do a pretty cool dunk. After watching this I decided I wanted to tryout for the basketball team and when the tryouts were over I got an envelope that  said I had made the team. Something that I had learned from this experience is that no matter how small you are you can do anything someone taller then you can just like Nate Robinson did when he jumped over Dwight Howard in the Dunk Contest .

After that i decided that I wanted to tryout for the Pirates basketball team. When the tryouts ended I got on the boys 6th grade basketball team. At that point I didn't now much about basketball and I started to watch more of the Bucks games to see if I could learn anything from the players. after the season was over I thought I had had a pretty good experience with basketball. Now my season just ended for playing 7th grade basketball and my team was the consolation bracket champions in the end of the year tournament. 

No comments:

Post a Comment